Dear Coalition for a DSP Living Wage:
On August 25, Governor Murphy will deliver his revised FY2021 Budget Address. While we understand the state is facing significant financial challenges due to the public health crisis, DSPs and the individuals they support cannot be a casualty of the budget shortfall.
Governor Murphy and legislative leaders need to see the faces of the people who are impacted by their budget decisions. They need to know who YOU are and why it is critical to YOU that funding for wages for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) be included in FY2021.
To that end, we are asking Coalition advocates (parents, family members, self-advocates, providers, DSPs, disability organizations, etc.) to be seen and heard on social media!
Here’s what to do…please feel to free to do one or both
Instructions for Social Media Picture Campaign:
- Print the picture template.
- Have someone take a picture of you holding the picture template. (or take a selfie!).
- Post the picture on your social media pages using hashtags #EssentialWorkers #IndexDSPWages #DontForgetUs
- Send a copy of your picture to Libby Vinson via email at Libby@absnj.com or text to 609-577-1993 for posting on the Coalition social media pages.
Instructions for Video Testimonial Campaign:
- Record brief video testimonial. Using your Smart Phone, record a short video testimonial (no more than 30 seconds—the shorter the better!) explaining why it is important to YOU that $21 million of new state funding be included in FY2021 to raise DSP wages.
- Post the video on your social media pages using hashtags #IndexDSPWages #EssentialWorkers #DontForgetUs
- Send the video clip to Libby Vinson via email at Libby@absnj.com or text 609-577-1993 for posting on the Coalition’s social media pages.
Thank you in advance for your support. Please do not hesitate to contact ABS’ Libby Vinson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Published: 2020/08/18 at 12:32 pm